THE EDITOR'S BOX





Friday, May 2, 2014

MEEK MILL LOSES LAWSUIT AGAINST PHILADELPHIA POLICE DEPT.



IN 2012 MEEK MILL SUED PHILLY POLICE FOR $400K FOR LOST OF WAGES & EMOTIONAL DISTRESS!
Meek spoke to reporters after the ruling. The rapper says that he wasn't surprised with the outcome.
"They ain't from where I'm from," the rapper said. "I (don't) really expect them to understand what I go through. I respect their decision though."
He also told reporters that Philly police constantly abuse their authority when dealing with black people.
"In neighborhoods like where I come from, four black males in a car ... we're always being asked to be searched," Mill testified Monday. "All I was doing that night was going to work and doing what I had to do."
Andre Boyer was fired after lying about another traffic stop. His rap sheet also includes more civil complaints than any other officer involved with the case.
Meek tweeted his thoughts after leaving court on Thursday.
"I'm not surprised...Just let me move away from here ...I just wanna get this money..And take care of my family! I sued they said I'm wrong." - REPORTED BY RAP-UP.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment