THE EDITOR'S BOX





Wednesday, July 27, 2011

50 Cent Cancels Album, Blames Interscope For Single Leak

50 CentIt's been nearly two years since 50 Cent dropped his fourth studio album Before I Self Destruct, and it seems that the rap heavyweight is no closer to dropping what would be his fifth album than in the past.
Despite a slew of viral material, moving forward seems to be tough for the rapper and his relationship with his label Interscope is suffering ... and made that very clear in a series of tweets on Wednesday morning (July 27).
After Fif's Cataracs-produced single, "I'm On It," leaked to the Internet, he expressed his anger toward Interscope (who he claims leaked it), saying he's cancelling his forthcoming album.
"Man I'm not releasing a album i can't believe interscope is this f***ed up right now. I apologize to all my fans," 50 wrote (@50Cent). "I will work with other artist on there projects but I will not put out another album. They dropped the ball with me one time to many."
He explained that he's recorded over 40 songs for his next album ... and has only turned in one to his label, and coincidentally, it's the one that made its way online.
"I don't know how I can record 41 song for my album and the one song I give interscope leaks But I don't care its good music," Fif wrote. "I hate when I can't present my music the way. I feel it should be but f*** it check out I'm ON IT."

No comments:

Post a Comment